Tumblr is one of those social media platforms that everybody has actually become aware of, but few understand anything about.
While many may not understand exactly what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You need to have a look at the platform if you haven’t become aware of it in the past.
Relating to personal branding, Tumblr provides some special advantages to blog writers and organizations alike.
For example, the platform can help display their creativity or develop an audience through quality content and customization choices.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look on top features and benefits of utilizing Tumblr, from composing tutorials to creating podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing pictures, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The website also has a “Responses” function, which allows users to reveal their sensations about something published on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely adjustable. Brands can customize their theme, layout, colors, font styles, and more. Users can likewise follow each other’s updates and produce custom-made RSS feeds based upon their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the alternative to follow you. There are no private profile options like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has ended up being more popular with its free mobile app, rich API, custom design tools, and dynamic neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Information And Stats
- Tumblr began in 2007 as a blogging platform that allowed users to share images, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service gained popularity after being gotten by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took over ownership of the platform prior to being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership moved once again to Automattic, a moms and dad business of WordPress that maintains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 workers at Tumblr.
- Out of their staff members, 57% are females.
- A lot of employees who work at Tumblr stick with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of stars and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform doesn’t utilize the same blue check confirmed symbol you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly income for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and countless commissioned art work.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Despite the fact that they have been around for a while, 61% of brand-new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the 3rd most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the web completely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr stems from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to begin posting.
- The trending topics on Tumblr are diverse, much like any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, most people talk about video games, consoles, and devices. They also discuss computer systems, electronics, news, and topics regarding universities.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading competitors consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are many advertisement chances on Tumblr, including native ad experiences and customized chances.
- Tumblr is a privately owned company.
- In a recent survey, 70% of users stated that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The leading 2 rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client satisfaction ranking.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Previously this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million visits in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everyone to share its views specifying, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the capability to post day-to-day blogs, Tumblr likewise offers a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things occur in real-time.
- The majority of people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% utilize the platform online.
- In a current survey, when social networks were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals acknowledged the platform.
- The top quantity of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users on the web at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Brink specifies that “The important things that take place on Tumblr are absolutely special to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% identify as female, and 58.59% determine as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can develop custom HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to edit or delete multiple posts all at once.
- Users can easily add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr likewise has keyboard faster way choices which make it much easier to produce posts.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading rivals include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts created every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% originates from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Typically, users check out 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anyone can develop engaging and special content.
As you can see, it is likewise highly customizable, allowing users and brand names to produce their perfect profiles. It’s also a fantastic area to discover and cultivate new audiences.
There are nearly unlimited possibilities with the platform, and it deserves checking out to see if it’s right for your brand name.
If you’re looking to integrate more blogging alternatives and are thinking about including Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Included Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel